Installation Process/Game Client

I'm not sure if the installation process is part of what we're supposed to give feedback on, but i figure it can't hurt to put it anyway?

The process of going from the initial email to creating an account was very smooth. I appreciated that it autofilled the key and email, and also that it was possible to choose a different email at that time than the one you used to sign up for the alpha, which i thought about doing.

The step where you create your display name was a bit less clear than it could be, because i didn't see any prompt saying that i had to check my email for the confirmation email before progressing further, so trying to fill out the field just took me back to a login screen, and it took me a few tries before i realized what was going on.

The installer's method for using the browse button to install the game in a non-standard location was a bit confusing? I ended up going back a step, and just manually typing in where i wanted it to go.

There were no problems with installation, and the game client seems super well designed, in that the important functions like the chat, forum link, play button, and intro videos are all obvious and easy to find. The UI of the game client is also nice looking, in my opinion, although the glowing effect for mousing over the buttons at the top might be less satisfying than they could be, and don't seem to have any consistency with the motion-based effects for mousing over other interface elements like the forums and support buttons. Also the glowing dividers left of "learn" and right of "social" might be too prominent/distracting, given that they're not really conveying any important information?

-Hazel

Comments

• BKcoreBKcore Member, Administrator

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not 100% sure what happened there while you registered.
    Email confirmations are not blocking the register process right now, can you go step by step about what happened?

• well now i've been playing for a bit and so my memory's not 100%, but i was in internet explorer and i think the steps were: i did the screen where you create your email/password, then it took me to the display name selection screen, i typed in a name, and then hit okay, and it took me to a log in screen? Then i put in my log in stuff, and i was back at the name select screen, i entered the name again, it took me back to the log in screen, and then i checked my email, and clicked the link, and then i went over to firefox cause i thought maybe it was an internet explorer thing, and logged in there, created a name, and then it worked? i assumed it was the email but i guess it could've been firefox that made it work also

• BKcoreBKcore Member, Administrator

Oh sorry IE isn't fully supported yet!

Though it should have said so on the page which is weird. Will investigate!

Thanks!