AI has Tendency to dodge range?

Only played with two heroes with range units thus far; after having all units maxed out, the game becomes rather boring (~15-20mins in). AI has a clear tendency to not engage a massive range force, so having all range units Hold position with healing weapon makes the game really boring. I can use the hero to walk around and gather crystal while having the army parked right outside of the enemy's gate. Having enough crystals to build a big cannon translate to a direct win.

Comments

• I felt the same thing, just played 2 games with the ranged assassin. Hopefully human opponents will work better

• snkzsnkz Member, Administrator
    edited December 2015

Totally, We would of loved to make the bots more aggressive, however as we currently only have one difficulty level it would not ideal for bots to be too pushy.

Once PVP opens up, I'm sure you'll be able to find that challenge you're looking for!

• Could bot difficulty levels be an option? Perhaps for maximum customization have several sliders such as intelligence, aggressiveness, and creativity. These could prove to make vs AI more interesting and will deviate from the AI in other RTS games with 4-5 difficulty levels. It shouldn't be any harder to code either, it's just like taking the aggressiveness of a easy bot and the intelligence of a extreme bot to create something that plays well but chickens out. These "personalities" could create bots that simulate real people by being more turtly or harrassy ; random or predictable, etc.

• snkzsnkz Member, Administrator

@2words I love the idea however its bit more difficult then you would think to create difficult AI. Intelligence is in no way just a slider.

We hear you about the difficulty though, we do not intend to have just one difficulty for bots.