Camera development

Assuming there is some venue to discuss (here, an AMA or other), I'm curious how much work was done on camera development before you guys locked in on getting Atlas out first. Specifically, does the current camera system have support for target objects ("point at") and what are maybe called cinematic controls (field of view, z-data, backplanes, etc.)?

Live discussion about VR got me wondering what tools might be available near-term, say to the cutscene developer or over-zealous observer, without y'all having to overhaul the camera, and assuming there was some way that people got access to that at some point.

I guess, really, the questions are: 1) have you developed any of that, and 2) do you plan to give third party access to the camera in some way?

Comments

• anxmananxman Member, Administrator

We can shift the camera pretty easily but we have it locked right now. Early versions of Atlas let you change the camera by scrolling the wheel but it didn't have a gameplay purpose so it was removed. If there's demand from our community, we'd love to have player created movies like that but it would probably come later.