Do green gear resources do too little?

GoatGoat Member
edited March 20 in General Discussion

Right now at 10 gems for bases and more for good merc units, I'm finding that I absolutely never run out of gears even with the various upgrades which are purely gears. Like the merc could cost zero gears and it wouldn't really matter because gems are the resource which limits how much I can expand and buy. I just played a game where at the end I had 2400 in the bank and couldn't spend them, since I was losing and didn't have a gem income.

Should there be more in the game which cost gears only so you need to care about the resource more? What if bases cost 5 gems and 200 gears, instead of 10 gems? Or maybe if when you use the special 400 gear upgrades, they were gone and you needed to buy them again?

Comments

• NibNib Member

I'm currently having the opposite where I have an abundance of gems throughout most of the game unless I'm being really pushed in and having to rebuild bases. If playing square it's not too bad because you can build wood cubes but as triangle there really isn't much to spend gems on while trying to build leviathans.

• HazardHazard Member

I'm with Nib. The only time I find myself having too few gems instead of Scrap (soup :) ) is when I'm getting denied super hard. Usually it's Soup that is my limiting factor with high end mercs, merc base upgrades, and charms.