Musings on my first Test Weekend(TW#2)

ToastToast Member

Intro

I enjoy the game very much. It encompasses elements of RTS and MOBA in a very engaging, rewarding, and overall fun manner. I like the balance between the hero/squad choices, I love the choice of mercenary faction with which to supplement your army, and I think the tri-mineral system is coming together quite well. I look forward to seeing the game evolve and how play evolves with it. It's a very exciting project all-around.

Below are some all-around thoughts on my experience of the game so far(a vast majority of me and 5 bots). These are raw thoughts and musings as they happen. It's nearly a guarantee I'll learn more as I go and these thoughts will either become inconsequential or they were misguided in the first place. So please don't be offended if something seems off or just stupid.

Tactics

I think there needs to be more strategic options for how to go about building your army.

For example, I'd imagine a scenario where one team rushes a trapper or a healer before expo - this is not viable as you'd fall behind significantly in scrap attempting to deny gems in the middle, allowing a t2 merc(or charm and t1 merc) from your opposition as a counter(due to the titan gem locations on their side of the map).

Another idea would be to take that first expo as normal and try to rush out a t2 merc for a stronger supplement to your army. Again a risky dice roll, since by the time your t2 upgrade has finished(both from your main and merc camp) and your t2 unit has been built, your opponent now has a charm.

So, if you don't follow the "expo into gem fights" method, you're behind.