Abusing aggro on neutral camps

DanpanDanpan Member

So while playing I came across an interest interaction with attacking neutral camps. I started by attacking the neutral camp and slowly edging my way over to the outside of their aggro range to where they start trying to walk back and heal. I was playing as Celesta and with all of my wisps attacking the camp, the camp would aggro and drop aggro rapidly, leaving the camp running back and forth in the same spot with it neither attacking my units or resetting. This meant I was able to keep the camp still and clear it without losing any units.

The replay ID is: G3742a68f41514d5a83095b0711901e24
I begin taking the camp at about 1:00
At around 1:25 the camp is totally stuck in a loop between aggroing and de-aggroing my units, leading it to an easy clear of the camp.

I take it that this is not intended and it could be easily abused as it's not that hard to pull off.

Comments

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

We saw, I would say, over half of the players this weekend either run into this or outright use it to clear camps throughout the whole week. Tightening up their aggro behavior is on the to-do list for TW3, for sure!

Thanks for the report!

• DanpanDanpan Member

Suppose I shoulda checked ahead to see if it was posted then. Glad to see you guys are on top of things and thanks for the reply!

• HazardHazard Member

Using these aggro mechanics feels critical to me getting bases in the early game. Especially when playing a fragile champ with ranged characters. i can't imagine being able to clear while playing Vela if my units had to take the hits.

• DanpanDanpan Member

I can agree with that. It does feel like camps do a lot of damage early, making it so its either hard or seemingly impossible to clear a camp by yourself early game. Unsure if this is intended or not, but if its not it would be nice to see camps dealing less damage/having less HP early game to compensate for this mechanic being changed.