Grath's Troopers Can't Dash Through Ally Units!

HunterHunter Member

Hello!

While playing Grath I've felt absolutely helpless when trying to engage. If the enemy were to show up on the other side of my ally's army, there'd be no time for them to scoot aside so I can Rocket Rush my troopers in.

The only way to make use of the Trooper's stun would be to have both of our armies positioned correctly before battle - that's a hassle and a half!

We're also in big trouble if the enemy shows up to the north of our armies when we're standing side-by-side. The Rocket Rush I'd have to make would cut through the corner of my teammate's army, stopping a good chunk of units in their tracks. Then you've got the problem that they're a melee unit without a gap closer behind a wall of impassible units. Gah!

In my last game I was ready to buy an upgrade to let them dash through allies; anything. The Beat Down upgrade is really sick, but I won't be able to use it if my Troopers can't get to the enemy!

I hope I'm being clear with this. My suggestion might be to let the Troopers Rocket Rush through friendlies (just like the Rhinos can with their Trample!) or to add an upgrade that lets them do it.

Thanks for reading, I'm really enjoying Atlas so far! It feels so fresh and unique! Don't let up the great work!

Comments

• I agree!

I played Grath most and found it frustrating when my allies' ranged minion units were attacking from a fair distance away, and I when I would come in after them, there was no way for me to get by, even with using the Rocket Rush.

It would feel better to have the Rocket Rush pass through allies to have some way of getting by ally ranged creeps, like the Rhino. I felt hopeless with my units stuck behind, and since the troopers are such a big part of Grath's play, I think it would make sense to allow this.

• DoomsDayDoomsDay Member

I also very much like playing Grath and agree with the Troppers feeling helpless if their charge hits an allied unit. I thought the Rhino was amazing though, as it's Trample felt really strong as it would ignore all unit collision. This led a lot of my strategies with Grath to only build 3-4 Troopers and upgrade very quickly and use Commando's and Rhino's mixed with Orions in my army. This was a shame because I though the Troopers charge ability brought a really nice dynamic when playing against Vex or Vela with their glass cannon type armies.

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Having this feel better (including a resolution to this particular issue) is definitely on the docket. Nothing more frustrating than using your charge and just sitting in place while your ally fires away. :P

• SimpleSimple Member

This is slightly different, but I had the same issue with Eris' Sandstingers and their surge ability. I was trying to use them to move back and create a quick concave in battles but a lot of the time they collide with each other or enemy units. It's not as big of an issue with ranged units but it does cause some frustrating moments with the Sandstingers.