First 12 Seconds of the game

My first impressions of the first 12 seconds of the game, made me feel frustrated. The reason I feel frustrated is it was clear I have a hero character. I watched the intro video and knew the basics of how to play, but the simple things escaped my memory. I saw in the top left (a big obvious window) it says 0/1 for the hero and 0/3 for my other units I built. But nothing to inform me how remedy this situation. I went into the controls section and saw F1 to target my hero. I tried pressing that with no luck. I had to go back to the intro video to find out I have to "deploy" my units. I think having something under the top left window like "You have units to be deployed (V)" not having to go to a learning video how to do the basics would go a long way to help the first 12 seconds.

Comments

• Gemini19Gemini19 Member

The point of the intro video is to play along with it so that you are doing what Day9 tells you, thus ingraining it into your memory better.

• The point I was trying to make was I felt there needed to be something in the top left that says your troops are ready to deploy. It was clear I had troops in queue, but not obvious how to get them on the field.

Not everyone has 2 monitors to play the intro and game, or big enough screens. Once the game reaches more people it cant expected for everyone to watch a video to learn how to play.

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Some kind of onscreen message that informs the player that V deploys units isn't an unreasonable request. I'll see if we can get something like this done for TW3. Sorry for the confusion!