First impressions

DaKrayDaKray Member

I would like to start by saying this game is better than I expected. Obviously it has a ways to go before the finished product, but takes a traditional RTS game and implements its own unique styles. So without further ado I will give my opinion.

It feels good to get most of your army back after you lose a big fight. I like the feeling of being able to commit to a fight with the reassurance of my unit respawning if I lose. However, I do feeling like the team must be punished a little more for losing their army. I say this because I felt like if I won a fight I did not have enough of an advantage to do anything significant because their army was coming right back. On a side note I thought I had too much scrap and did not know what to do with it because I was collecting it constantly from the start but I needed more gems to buy mercs. So I felt gems were the limiting resource.

Overall I loved the game and am excited to see how the PvP is this afternoon.

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

Glad you're enjoying things! Should only improve from here (well theoretically, sometimes iterations are less fun to help us learn things :P).

Re: army punishment, we definitely agree. We're reconfiguring the economy post TW3 to unite Squad/Merc construction a bit. Hopefully this will add the needed punishment to unit death :D. As part of that reconfigure, we'll definitely be adjusting scrap.