Small feedback

PotatoThoufPotatoThouf Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

So far, I've been impressed with the game. It runs smoothly for me. I haven't had any issues with running the game.
One thing that caused me issues was the pathing. More the most part it seemed fine, but at times it seemed my units would take a less efficient route or my units would split up unnecessarily.
The other thing that is more of a recommendation is to include cool down timers for abilities in the tool tip area where the ability is explained. For users that haven't memorized the cool downs it can be used at the wrong time. I used my hero's ultimate to test it out not knowing the cool down, only to need it seconds later in a much more important fight.

Comments

• Following up on the pathing issue. Body blocking is insane. I noticed that my units would stick to each other, as well as my allies units, and it seemed that if I did not move my unit out of the way they would do so indefinitely. While body blocking definitely seems like it could be a fun and interesting mechanic(especially with the difference between melee/short range units and longer ranged ones) currently when you are getting trapped on your own or your allies movement in simple, open areas, it can be frustrating.

• Yeah, I also feel constricted with the pathing, especially when my hero gets stuck between a wall and my units and I want to go build something. If heroes could just walk through friendly units I think that would help a lot.

• Personally I like the non fluid pathing and how there is body blocking. Called me old fashion it reminds me a lot of broodwar. It allows for great positional play. however i can see it being a issue with allies blocking your path or deliberately trying to greaf you.

• I like the body blocking me mechanic as well however when there are only 2 units in a hallway and they are stuck running into each other it is somewhat aggravating. I think if the units were to update there pathing to help them get by each other I think that would make the pathing feel much better and fluid.