Vela - Camp Exploit

While playing Vela against the AI, I noticed that if I were to stay X distance from the camps while maintaining their attention through damage, that I could take the camps with little to no effort or casualties. This propelled me into a position where I found that it would have been easy enough to rush into Leviathans very early on in the game (Sub 10 minutes).

I think it is unwise to say that it is Vela's Kit that caused the issue, but rather the camps that were very accommodating to this type of play style. I would recommend that the mobs at the camps be given a vastly increased HP regen while running back to their leashed location.

At one point during the game, when the first tower fell on the far left/top side of the map, I had so many gems that I just spammed towers around the raised expansion. It was effective.

Here is the replay ID to clarify. G37d86895402044a9b8b4f2b0297d9a62

P.S. 11 Leviathans is STRONK.

Comments

• I also noticed this exploit with Vela. It was amusing to watch the camp titans run back and forth, and made taking camps way easier than I think is intended. If done correctly, I could take camps with 1-2 units.

I agree that raising the health regen of titans when they de-aggro might help. Another idea could be to force the titan to fully return to camp before it could aggro again.

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

We'll definitely be doing tweaks around the titans. I'm somewhat fond of the fact that Vela has a method to solo some camps. When the titans pursued a bit more aggressively, Vela was left almost unable to kill any camps. It does feel a bit too easy at the moment so we'll keep tuning it (the health regen might be the ideal as you suggest).

• I'm not sure if Vela was the selection I had, I just remember it was one of the red selections. I found that if you were beyond the camp's tether range they would run at you until they reached the tether point then turn around and walk back. If you attacked them again while they were going back they would stop healing at run at you again. I was using units with range attacks so all I had to do was sit just outside their tether and they would just move back and forth as my units hit them until they died.

I'd suggest that like in some games once they hit their tether they wont stop until they get back to their spawn point, and possibly making them invulnerable during that time to avoid any exploits in that manner.