Casual player feedback.

Hello all,

Please forgive me if the format is not up to par, I am not usually the one to talk into an online community. I participated in many betas through the years, but I am way too shy to share my feedback. I feel that the community here is a bit different and I would like to give it a go.

First of I would like to thank the team at Artillery for giving me the chance to play in the pre-alpha testing weekends. Because of the crazy end of year schedule I was not able to play as many games as I would have liked. For example on the first weekend I was plagued with EGGPLANTS.

Now onto a little background info on me : I am a real casual gamer, I have a job where I design robots and spend anywhere between 8 and 12 hours. So when it comes go game they are part of my arsenal of time off. So my perspective will probably reflects issues that I see, but that most more advance players may not recognize.

My first thought after my first game was that I really liked the concept. Lately I played a lot of Heroes of the Storm (HotS) for one main reason game clock is really short and it fits well in my schedule. On the other hand I really enjoys the MOBA type game. So an RTS which includes high level MOBA mechanic (2 teams destroying each other nexus) was very refreshing and new. I found that the mixing of the genre is quite interesting. I quite enjoyed that some elements of traditional RTS was eliminated, what I classified in my head as macro elements to concentrate the players onto the micro aspects of the game. This was quite well done. Sure it is the part of the RTS that personally I struggled with, but having it isolated like that will I am sure give me a chance to get better at it.

I really enjoyed collecting crystals and then sneak-in in the base from where ever I could to go drop some Glass and/or Ion canons behind the enemy main defense line.

Some issues that I found was that I found the movement of the units to be sluggish. I don't know if was a design choice or technical limitations, but found the speed very slow. I am sure that by now this issue got reported, but units health bars in large battles is close to impossible to keep track of. I found the bar too small and hard to read.

Some bug that I found were :
At some point I hid to glass cannon in the grass behind the ennemy natural and I killed it. The ennemy hero came by to build it again... Shot it down with my Glass cannon, must have done it 3-4 times before I was like that is an exploit I don't like it :tongue: I realize that this is probably an AI bug and I don't know how easily can be fix, but I noticed it.
An other one can be seen in the attach picture, but when the game started my allied hero ran out of his base and got stuck into the wall running. My unit were not yet deployed and I was looking at the map. Not sure if anything did caused that though.

Something that I really like is the aesthetic of the game. As a black and white power point presentation the clean not too shiny graphics kept you focused on the game elements i.e. not dying and strategy. I think that the art map was a great in that respect. I concede that I am not exactly sure how skins become viable if the heros have simple graphics though.

Again thank you for the opportunity and hopefully I will be able to keep playing in further play-test.
All in all good job to the team you did something great!

Have a good day
NightHawk

bug.png 1.2M