Client Access

Hi!

I heard through the grapevine that we lose access to the client and playing against bots as of Friday. I was wondering why that was? I'm having a great time playing solo, or with a group against bots just trying out different squads and different tech paths and different build times. Is there any way we can continue to play or is there a technical necessity to shut it down.

Also - am I the only one that wants to keep it up? I could be alone in this, feel free to comment!

Thanks!

-Snow

Comments

• Cerebral09Cerebral09 Member, Moderator

I am not an Artillery, but off the top of my head I'd imagine it's because the game is still super-early and likely to change heavily over the next short while.

Because of this, it's helpful to keep ongoing playtests more controlled/smaller. Each build could introduce huge breakages, or new unrefined systems, or other unpolished aspects. For these types of builds smaller focused groups are useful, and just in general easier to manage.

Additionally, I think there's huge value in having testers who are separated from this gradual, build-by-build process. People who play every build accumulate context and history in their heads, making their experience and feedback colored by that past context. It's extremely valuable to have a group of testers who are free of that context and can experience the "key evolutions" as a big, distinct game - this feedback of first impressions can't be obtained as easily with a regular group.

I'm sure the devs can give a more complete answer, but hopefully this gives you some things to consider. :)

• EricEric Member, Administrator

Cerebral both main points :)