Some impressions

• I really like the unit / fighting concept as a whole.. it sort of tracks like a MOBA except your abilities are spread out across multiple units instead of one hero which is interesting to me. Having Control Groups are important here and useful -- but it seems that there is a couple problems: 1) no UI to show control groups and 2) the control groups are reset when the units die. I can see how (2) is a good thing also.. I just thought it was annoying to have to reassign the groups over again since i was keeping them the same no matter what.

• I can't cancel the Recall effect, or at least I don't know how. It was frustrating because my mnemonic for "Build" is "B" so I kept hitting "B" on accident instead of "T". I would try to move the units around to cancel the recall but this wouldn't work.

• My units were getting blocked by teammates units at choke points and that was SUPER frustrating. I was playing that ranged class/hero and so I wanted to kite from the enemy but often my teammates armies would come from behind to support me and just completely prevent me from backtracking.

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

@Endless said:
    * I really like the unit / fighting concept as a whole.. it sort of tracks like a MOBA except your abilities are spread out across multiple units instead of one hero which is interesting to me. Having Control Groups are important here and useful -- but it seems that there is a couple problems: 1) no UI to show control groups and 2) the control groups are reset when the units die. I can see how (2) is a good thing also.. I just thought it was annoying to have to reassign the groups over again since i was keeping them the same no matter what.

We'll almost certainly add some extra UI for this closer to release :).

• I can't cancel the Recall effect, or at least I don't know how. It was frustrating because my mnemonic for "Build" is "B" so I kept hitting "B" on accident instead of "T". I would try to move the units around to cancel the recall but this wouldn't work.

You can hit escape to cancel! Woo! It's totally hidden and not clear!

• My units were getting blocked by teammates units at choke points and that was SUPER frustrating. I was playing that ranged class/hero and so I wanted to kite from the enemy but often my teammates armies would come from behind to support me and just completely prevent me from backtracking.

https://guardiansofatlas.xyz/forums/discussion/156/pathfinding-and-collision-megathread/p1

Here is a link to the megathread post! Hopefully this addresses some of your concerns :D