General Features

I have played a few games now. 1 game went much past the end to test things. I assume the game should behave the same before and after "victory" but disclaimer anyways. Things that have frustrated me so far:
* Having V and B so close together but doing completely opposite things.
* Canceling B is difficult as the sound clip of B continues. I think that some times esc wasnt working either. I dont know B seemed not great if pressed by accident.
* B and dying breaks control groups. If I want all tier 1 units on 2, i need to rebind them every time they spawn. I think that control groups should persist the whole game and maybe even between games.
* There is no way to cancel neutral weapons, If you accidentally build an ion cannon for 24 gems, no way to cancel and get gems back. Especially with the hot keys of , and . it is an easy misclick
* The enemy base was indestructible. I dont know if i would change this, but it was impossible to know without walking up there.
* Turn the Tide ability on the water guys affects buildings. was surprising to see considering the heal and other abilities do not

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator
    1. B/V close together is a bit awkward. We have a bit too much crowding on the keyboard right now (lol @ weapons amirite?). Will do a full keyboard control pass post pre-alpha
    2. Added to task list!
    3. We'll probably do something along these lines. It's slightly tricky because of how often players spam regroup. We have had some success in the past with pre-established hotkeys (~ being "all army", 1 being "all T1", 2 being "all T2" etc). We've pared down to something very simple and familiar for pre-alpha to see what folk say.
    4. Absolutely agree that we need some sort of "misclick proof" system. I don't have any set idea on what that solution might be. Canceling might not be the best long term solution (as we wouldn't want players spamming ion cannons and then canceling them at the last second). But, something along those lines
    5. Enemy bases are intended to be indestructible, but nice catch on it being not communicated anywhere. It's been that way for so long it's second nature to internal testers!
    6. Added to task list for consistency :).
  • TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator
    edited December 2015

Broken control groups and persistent hotkeys

There's actually a universal hotkey that selects all units of a type. While there is no default keybind for it, you can find it in the Options > Keyboard menu, as "Select (T1 / T2 / T3)". I personally bound these to the number pad. It's not EXACTLY what you're after, but hopefully you find it useful :D!

• I see this now, i quite like this option. I have T1 = 1, T2 = 2, T3 = 3 and Army + Hero = Space. working great

• Because one of our hand is on the mouse , always, it s not convenient to access the numpad.
    I remember the Black and white way to spawn spell, that was pure genius, and it s not to hard to code .

What about i right click (sorry apple) and slide right to cast main spell, right click and slide up to cast second spell, and draw a big circle to cast the ultimate ? the nicer the circle the greater the effect.

• There is no way to cancel neutral weapons, If you accidentally build an ion cannon for 24 gems, no way to cancel and get gems back. Especially with the hot keys of , and . it is an easy misclick

I found the unable to cancel things sad as well, Especially when you drop a big ion cannon for one tower instead of a glass cannon. What about some sort of percentage of gems lost while a unit is building. Like within 10% complete then you get a full refund, if less than 25% get 75% of gems etc.

• @Dynomyte said:

I think this would be the best solution as well. For neutral weapons at least. I think bases are fine to not give a refund on as they are static and much harder to mess up or misclick to build them.