First game, and how it made me feel.

I was pretty shocked that I was chosen to be in the alpha test, but thank you so much for inviting me. When I realized that this is really a spruced up MOBA, I was a little disappointed, but then when I started playing it started to feel more like WC3 my favorite RTS.

After the starting confusion, I settled in and felt a sense of spoiled child-like engagement at playing with the units and upgrades.

When my hero became strong enough to launch her AOE attacks, it felt like landing a level 3 Blizzard spell in WC3, but in this game everything just died instantly- very satisfying.

Moving the hero away from danger felt sometimes frustrating, as if I was trying to call a disinterested cat away from peeing on my carpet by holding a cat treat. The hero seemed to be drawn back into fire at times as well as bumping into oncoming friendlies.

The final battle, placing down siege titans and destroying the opponent Nexus felt exactly like endgame in League of Legends: a smug feeling of self satisfaction leading to a gleeful stomping of the token bot resistance and defense structures.

For now I am feeling tired, as its already past 10 and I've been Atlasin' it up for a few hours now- I'm sure for many hours to come - good job on the game.

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

Thrilled to hear your joy! And yaaay! We are definitely trying to capture a WC3-esque vibe. I think we have a ways to go before you feel the same depth you felt in WC3, but the pieces are there! Yeah!!!