Towers Need Work

The tower upgrade system is badly broken. Here are a few bugs I was able to find:
1. The build a building cooldown shows 40s after building a tower, but it is reset to 0 after hero turns
2. A regular level 3 tower can't have range or splash upgraded
3. A level 3 splash tower can be "downgraded" to any other upgrade
4. A level 2 tower upgrade is called level 3 in the tool tip
5. While upgrading (splash i think), other upgrade options are clickable, and will remove gems with no effect.

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

Attempted to repro these bugs

1. When I construct a tower, the "T" ability for me shows "20s" for a few frames. Is this what you're referring to?
    2. This is intentional. We should probably call them "Fortified / Ranged / Splash" instead of "Normal / Ranged / Splash" to avoid confusion. Each of the 3 paths is unique and non overlapping.
    3. I was unable to reproduce this. Can you walk me through the steps?
    4. Fixing now!
    5. Same as #3. Can you give me a more detailed step by step?

Nice catches too! We tried to wring out as many of these issues as possible, but I'm sure we'll always have more to find :P.

• anxmananxman Member, Administrator

Thanks. These are great. Keep them coming!

• in a 2nd game tower upgrades were behaving as intended (only down a single path). Maybe i will test if being past the end of the game matters but i didnt yet.

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

Great news! We don't have to debug things! Yaay!

However, if you find more bugs, let us know! We like fixing bugs! Yaaay bugs!

• In 2 more games, i have not been able to recreate this bug. Played past final as well. still no bug. weird