New Map Feedback

KioerKioer Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

Just played some bot games on the new art map and it is soo much better. The majority of my previous complaints were center around the lack of split pushing and expansions. This map solves almost all of those problems.

• With out having a funnel right up the middle, and leaving the Nexus more exposed, it actually gives the opportunity do something other than ion cannon mid. This leads to much better games even against the AI, so I can't wait to try it out on Sunday with some actual PvP.
  • The mass expansions work so much better than the cramped ones on the non-art map and without those stupid neutral enemies guarding them, we can expand whenever we want. This is actually leading to some different "build orders" since I don't need to wait until 15 minutes to get my third expo. Now I can rush for expansions with my gems or attempt to snipe theirs, giving me some actual decisions on what to do.
  • There are also less towers guarding the expansions with I also think is an awesome choice. This actually gives a use to the mini cubes and leaves the option for counter attacks and sniping off expansions.
  • I imagine the gem expos will be hotly contested in PvP, but I was easily able to take all 4 and the AI never even bothered to look there.
  • Having moving gems is also a great idea to shift armies around rather than just deathball in one spot for 20+ minutes.
  • The new moving seige cubes are super cool. They seem to build really quick though.
  • I don't know if this is intended, but I was able to place saplings on the high ground expos without having any vision. This essentially gave me a way to shut down that entire spot without ever needing to even see a tower. Seemed kind of OP.
  • Incorporating more elevation changes into the map make it so that defenders actually start to have a bit of an advantage, which is nice. I would like to see the entire nexus area raised up to give the defense more of an advantage at the very end. I also don't think that weapons should be able to see up the high ground on their own.

This map alleviated a ton of my issues with the game so far. Really excited to play some PvP on it this Sunday.