Art Map - top-down screenshot

ArchibobArchibob Member, Administrator

Hey gang! I wanted to go ahead and post a top-down shot of the new Art Map for you to be able to check out!
I look forward to hearing your feedback on the map after you've had some time to play it! WOOHOO!!

rock and roll!
-Bob

Comments

• Thank you so much! I was just wondering about this!

• Beautiful! Is it just me or are they way more turret spots on this map than the bot map?

• @WittyHorse trust me they feel necessary. This map is much more open and bases aren't nearly as well defended.

• @Pursuit said:
    WittyHorse trust me they feel necessary. This map is much more open and bases aren't nearly as well defended.

I never meant to imply that they were unnecessary, lol! I was just wondering if there were more.

• I like it. Looks much more like a real, well thought out RTS map. I like the expansion locations much more. I assume the gems will spawn in the center, as a way to encourage team vs team fights there?

• PursuitPursuit Member
    edited December 2015

@ZenoSpyridon They spawn in the middle, bottom right and top left areas in a rotating schedule. So at 2:00 and 3:00 they spawn in middle, 5:00 and 6:00 they spawn on bottom right, 8:00 and 9:00 they spawn on top left, ect.

@WittyHorse sorry for any confusion, I guess what I mean to say is that while this map might have 'more towers' it's actually huge and the towers are more isolated, so even if there are more tower spots overall theres less tower 'density' and they feel much easier to attack into.

Edit: Really excited to play this one in PvP.

• it looks so much more like a map then the bot map YAY

• Oh my. This map looks magnificent. I had a lot of hesitation about the locations / balance of the bot map, but this definitely quells them. I thought we were just getting a reskinned bot map :)

• @Pursuit said:
    WittyHorse sorry for any confusion, I guess what I mean to say is that while this map might have 'more towers' it's actually huge and the towers are more isolated, so even if there are more tower spots overall theres less tower 'density' and they feel much easier to attack into.

Really excited to play this one in PvP.

Me too, and thanks for the info!

• General thoughts after playing on this one:

• I love the drastically varied gem spawn locations, it really forces mobility and conflict.
    • Given the size and layout of this map, it feels like harassment will be more viable here than on the other map. Like others, I'm looking forward to Sunday's PvP here.
    • I like the fact that it seems like it's compensated for with slightly more defendable expos @ 3 and 9 o'clock positions- in particular, the fact that we can have towers shooting down a cliff to both soften up incoming enemy forces (esp when you upgrade their range) as well as alert us to their presence. They either have to go this way or force an engagement in the middle.
    • The nexus feels a bit more "core" to this layout - on the other maps, it feels like it's just kind of "hanging out" in an indistinct location, whereas here your units are always passing by.
    • Overall I feel like I've had to rely on map awareness more here than on the prior map, which is generally a positive sign to me