Recall Resets Unit Ability Cooldowns!

Just found this out experimenting with recall on Bot games with @AlienTree

Recalling units resets the cooldown for unit abilities. It does not reset the cooldown on abilities for Heros.

This feels a little broken with some of the super powerful abilities with a long cooldown (such as the Rustborn Rhino's Trample ability).

Comments

• Specifically defending with Trample, what is supposed to be a 40 second cooldown becomes usable every 10 to 15 seconds, and can absolutely decimate an enemy push (at least against bots)

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

Confirmed works with Alder. Pretty OP with his T2 Grove Tenders - can make Tree of Life and Needlefern, then recall only that unit and re-rally.

• Hah! That's a funny little break in the game

• Noticed the same just before this post was made playing as Eris and my Apocalyte's Destructive Prophecy got reset after using it defensively bottom side.

• PursuitPursuit Member
    edited December 2015

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was intended or not but playing around with it more it doesn't feel as broken as I initially thought. It works pretty well defensively with long CD abilities but I still wouldn't recall a full health unit after just using it's ability- the dps they could have added in the mean time is too good. Alder might be an exception with the Grove Tender's seeds like Cycle mentioned though.