Feelings so far

BrandioBrandio Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

This might be a bit scattered but I thought I would put out my feelings so far. Overall I have been enjoying the game and am excited to see what it becomes. The game-play to me seems like a middle ground between a moba and a more traditional rts. If I was pitching the game to one of my friends that is the first thing I would tell them. It also reminds me of warcraft3 because of the heroes and focus on micro. I really enjoy these genres and warcraft 3 is one of my favorite games of all time so this is all a plus. I've tried all the squads. In most mobas I like to play disruptive tanks and I like sea creatures so hydros has been my favorite. Most of my experience has been with him. I've also enjoyed Celesta and Adler a lot. I think the Quadrapus is my favorite unit in the game. The constant healing is great and his model is awesome.

My biggest gripe with the game so far is how linear it is. I enjoy the rts genre because of the wide amount of decisions that I can make. In this game there is a number of things that make it feel linear to me. The first is that I can not build buildings where I want. I love building a defense with building placement, hiding towers/production buildings near my enemy's base, and doing other weird things with buildings. On top of that I feel like I can't do any weird strategy's in general. In starcraft 2 my favorite build was a nydus rush and in Warcraft 3 I enjoyed massing sorceress and making my entire army invisible. In this game I feel like the craziest builds I can do is tech really fast. The same thing with my army composition. I need to get a ratio of the same 3 units every-time. It feels limiting.]The upgrades did help with this though. I enjoyed getting the Combat Paragon to make my Quadrapus more important. If the unit upgrades were more fleshed out and there where many options then maybe I could feel like my army is being personalized by my unique upgrades. I hope this helps.