RANDOM FEEDBACK

SasquatchSasquatch Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

Just my opinions based on the Sunday play session. I didn't go back and check the replays so maybe I'm off on some of the stuff I post here but YEAH HERE IS IT WHATEVER.

• I felt as if it's hard to push your advantage further when you're ahead. I had a couple games where we'd be very ahead economically (something like having multiple 2x bases versus the enemy having none) and it'd still feel like we'd only do marginally better in fights. There were also many games where my team was up 2-3 levels on the opposing team and it didn't really feel as if it translated into a significant advantage in the way you expect hero levels to from games like league/dota/wc3.
  • I can't really think of any situations where you'd want to split your army in a normal match, it's just far too risky that some units get picked off while they're separated.
  • Mid to Late game is far less enjoyable than the early game. I had multiple games just come down to who targeted buildings more, it felt like our win condition was just to spam turrets within range of the building and hope they built faster then the enemy could destroy them.
  • Expanding on late game, I feel some games just become a battle of dodging a ton of spells. You have to play around them because of their strength and if you even lose a couple of units late game it seems like it can decide everything due to the lengths that respawn times reach. It can feel frustrating to dodge a ton of spells but then have one apocalyte just more or less decide the fight.
  • It seems like there is very little strategic depth in each race, probably one or two ways to play each race optimally with very few exceptions. Some upgrades are amazing and a must have (increased range on units comes to mind) whereas some just seem very mediocre(10% movement speed increase on one unit as a t3 upgrade for 200 gold that already has jetpacks).
  • The neutral creeps are annoying to fight, and MUCH easier to fight with ranged units. You can bug the big melee guys and it's just a matter of kiting them regardless. It's also easy to be obnoxious with them if the enemy is near as you can very easily aggro them onto the opponents units. I wish they weren't so close to parts of the map where players generally fight each other, like where the current 2x bases are. I understand that the 2x bases should be more exposed, but when that is a constant point of contention the neutral units just get in the way.
  • Melee units are definitely better than the past, but still seem fairly weak? I probably need more games played but it seemed like kiting is still king.
  • There is a huge skill cap for microing your army, but in some places the terrain feels extremely limiting. I think this really only applies to when you group up as 3, which can get very disorganized especially when you solo queue.
  • In the loading screen you should be able to see the information about your allies races even if they're locked in.
  • Maybe I'm alone in this regard, but the upgrade system on the four buildings feels pretty confusing.

Comments

• Regarding creeps at the 2x bases, I wonder if the only reasonable solution is to make the 2x expansions even further out into the middle, but then remove the guarding titans from them? Because pulling them further away from the center would probably make them too defensible, and too much of an advantage, but having the titans interfere with the player battles in the middle definitely felt very weird when it happened.