Discord community feedback part 1 :: Quality of life improvements

BurdockBurdock Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

Hello everyone!

The Discord has been ripe with awesome strategy discussion and feedback lately with people spending hours talking about everything from overhauling core mechanics to changing a single ability's cast hotkeys.

After the play test, many lovely people spent until 11:00 distilling ideas and writing down everyone's feedback in the channel!

This list includes :: Aqua, Nib, Berler, Cerebral, Decency, Xemmes, Adroitly Sinister, Cycle, FireFerret, Dirak, Hair on fire, Rook, Chromatikat, WyScion, CygnusX1, and Trfel. In addition to the wonderful devs ImmutableMan, statico, and Treisk!

So before I go further, I want to thank all of them for putting so much time and love into this game! Show them all some love in the chat next time you see them for me :)

Quality of life improvements ::

Vela's T1 Unit's (Raptor) ability Eagle Eye feels clunky to use in it's common use case

Submitted and edited by: WyScion, Burdock, Cycle, and Chromatikat
How did it make us feel:
Like we were fighting the UI.
Why did it make us feel that way :
The main use cases of Eagle Eye is countering unit "pull" micro, picking units, and stutter stepping. In all of these cases you need to stop any current attack moves, otherwise you will miss and/or waist shots. To avoid this, it is required to hit Stop then hit Eagle Eye then hit attack. While you could argue this just takes more micro, we don't find it very compelling.
Possible Solution:
Change Eagle Eye to a "smart cast" targeted ability. Basically combining the abilities cast with an attack/attackmove.
Attacking the ground would work just like an attack move. This would feel a little more familiar to Dota/LoL/sc2 players that are use to seeing targeted abilities with a "smart cast" style.
Poll :
http://strawpoll.me/6201266

Neutral weapons use unnecessary hotkeys and UI space

Submitted and edited by: A lot of people
How did it make us feel:
Like the UI had a bit of an identity problem.
Why did it make us feel that way :
Having 2 build grids + unit abilities didn't feel familiar, or necessary. Seeing as Neutral weapons can only be built by your hero, it seemed like you had a tacked on UI panel following you around. In addition, it made a grid based hotkey layout unusable.
Possible Solution:
Move Neutral weapons to the main UI grid. If the main UI grid needs more slots that's fine (max we would suggest is 5 by 3).
Poll :
http://strawpoll.me/6201272

(FYI, we will only be doing polls for the UI stuff)

People can troll / be d*cks by clicking fast to take both expos once the camps are cleared

Submitted and edited by: Aqua, Chromatikat, Pursuit, Cycle, Burdock
How did it make us feel:
Gerrrrr, Arrrrrrggg, Berrrrmmfffff
Possible Solution:
Add a 3 second cool down to building expansions

You cant see, or read the tooltip of your hero's alt until you are level 6

Submitted and edited by: Burdock
How did it make us feel:
Ignorant
Possible Solution:
Add the icon greyed out, Xed out, or in red.