WOOO Feedback time!

I'll try to keep theoretical rambling to a minimum and just deliver bullet points with some explanation. Keep in mind, I've played only Hydros.

We'll start with the bad.

Melee Micro: Melee units feel extremely difficult to micro mid-battle. Focus firing is not an option, nor is running specific units out of a fight.

Defense with weapons: Defending with your army feels very intuitive and engaging, but defending with weapons is confusing. Ion cannons feel like the anti-structure weapon of choice, with glass cannons being their counter, but glass cannons are still perfectly capable of launching very successful attacks with no clear defensive options, especially for melee squads that can't land a lot of hits.

Coin is boring: I feel like by the time I'm attacking one of my enemies expansions it's already very late in the game, and that expansion has yielded most, if not all of it's available resources. Also, being that it's so late in the game by the time that you can successfully attack them, gems are almost certainly a more valuable resource than coin at that point, and spending a lot of gems to take out a little bit of coin feels very un-rewarding.

Expansions: Similar to the last point. Expansions in general just feel like I'm being taken out of the game. There's a very clear time where there's a lull in the gem spawns, and it's clear that I'm supposed to take my expansion, but because I can't challenge my enemies expansion in any meaningful way, it feels like the game has just stopped for a moment while I play a mini-game on the side. The only interesting part about expansions to me is the decision behind "ok, I need to find a spot where I can just not play the game for a bit".

Bottom Spawn: Bottom spawn feels like a very polarizing experience, where most of the game you're essentially playing a 1v1 because your team mates are so far away. It feels very inactive.

Potentially Silly Art: The unit portrait art can seem very silly, which detracts from an otherwise competitive feeling.

Now for the good!

Weapons: As I said in my other post, the split between weapons and standard army creates a really lovely paradigm on the battlefield.

Weapon Alternatives: Doing on the fly decision making about if I can afford a ward, or healing zone, and how those decisions will affect soon-to-be-battles is very engaging.

Gems: Gems feel super active from start to finish, and provide very clear objectives throughout the game.

Low Unit Counts: Having low unit counts, as well as a Hero unit both gives me clear targets, and feels very satisfying when taking out or saving a unit. Something I don't get from games with huge armies. (It also seems like it would be a very satisfying experience to effectively micro at a high level, if not for my melee problem)

Dvorak: For those who don't know what Dvorak is, it's a separate keyboard layout to qwerty, meaning that my Q W E R and T keys are instead ' , . p and y. Needless to say this can cause a lot of keybinding headache in games. I can either rebind the ingame keys to my layout, which often causes strange confusions about what button actually does what, or I can temporarily switch back to qwerty, which makes it difficult to chat. Atlas is smart enough that I haven't had to worry about any of this, it just accepts the Dvorak keybinds without missing a step, well done.

More to be added as the testing continues!