Hero Personality

Does anyone feel similar to me and feel like the hero is unimportant. Early game it feels better running around the map building bases and units, especially come late game once its used the ult it just feels like cannon fodder until the ult is back up. The hero loses the quirkiness, personality, and point of being a "hero".

Comments

• DecencyDecency Member, Moderator

I think this will change a lot when heroes have unique audio responses when given commands, when casting their ultimate, etc. With that, you can get a lot of personality injected into a character.

• I actually felt like letting my hero die was better than letting units die in a lot of cases because my hero respawns so much faster :ohnoes:

But really I feel like the heroes all have a pretty distinct playstyle.

• I play Vela. He feel's very important throughout the game since he has to "Mark" units so my other units do extra damage and I think it is substantial. Also his snipe can just TAKE OUT enemy hero's.

• hair on firehair on fire Member
    edited December 2015

@Pursuit said:
    I actually felt like letting my hero die was better than letting units die in a lot of cases because my hero respawns so much faster :ohnoes:

But really I feel like the heroes all have a pretty distinct playstyle.

Be careful though, the death of a hero gives a lot of XP to opponents.

But late game, I could see the XP cost being less costly than the unit respawn cost.

Does anyone know how the respawn times scale with time?

• Don't get me wrong the playstyle of the heroes is unique but what I'm saying is that heroes don't feel special they feel like the only reason their hero is because I only get one in game, but I could be crazy