First Game Feedback

What I didn't like:

Comments

• strakerstraker Member
    edited December 2015

Apparently I can't edit the intial post.

Things I didn't like or confused me:

• clicking on a unit/building doesn't show me it's stats (name, armor, damage, etc.). This prevents me from knowing what is what when I'm trying to target units (e.g. I can't tell who the main hero is in an army of units I'm not familiar with).
    • I didn't realize that expansion bases ran out of gold to harvest. If you could click on the gold mines to see how much was remaining, that would help.
    • I think I got the 2 crystal mines on the left side of the map (I'm not entirely sure what they are), but it didn't look like my crystal went up in sync with having 4 workers mining. It looks like it goes up very slowly, so maybe have the workers slow down to the same speed as the income rate
    • I'm not sure how much income I have, or how much a new expansion base will give me. I also don't know how much each crystal spawn will give me (there appears to be 3 different sizes?)
    • when warping in units, I would like the rally point to be able to follow a unit instead of be a static point. This would allow me to warp in units to my hero without having to remember to move the rally point each time
    • it doesn't look like you can realistically get all upgrades in a game (I don't know if this is intentional or not). My first game lasted 30 mins (I kept playing with bots for another 10), and while I owned the entire left side of the map for expos, I still haven't been able to afford all the upgrades from my research facility and the 4 upgrade buildings.
    • the pathing needs some work. It was way too easy to get my units stuck in my army and not be able to micro them out of combat because a unit was in their way. Since your units make a line/arc to attack units, no one in the front row can move out the way of combat. Units also get stuck around corners and towers way too easily.
    • with the health and I assume attack cooldown bars stacked on top of eachother for each unit, it was very hard to know what was the health indicator for a unit (I finally figured it out near the end of my game). The same goes for buildings where it looks like the health and construction completion bars are stacked on top of one another.
    • when I first built an expansion, I didn't realize that the workers had to spawn in. At first I thought my worker was stuck and couldn't mine the gold.
    • I didn't know that the enemies starting base was indestructible. I wasted an entire army trying to kill it (with neutral weapons)
  • strakerstraker Member
    edited December 2015

Things I liked:

• smaller armies than a regular RTS makes micro super important and not so difficult to manage
    • i didn't have to worry about my macro (building workers, etc.), so I could focus most of my attention to my army
    • sentinels guarding the expos have tells to their attacks (big red circle, etc.) so I knew that I should move away from it
    • all my units abilities can be cast without having to tab through them. One of my favorite features
    • game is an interesting mix between a MOBA and an RTS, very unique gameplay. However, I feel that the game is more MOBA than RTS. By removing base building (except for 2 structures: expos and towers), worker management, making the hero the only builder, and making very specific lanes that I can't sneak past and try to hurt players econ, the game does not feel like an RTS. I think this article articultes the reasons I feel this way: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/BrandonCasteel/20151124/260137/RTS_Economics_and_Player_Agency.php