High Templar F Key (Get it? Feedback joke? No? Sorry.)

Initial Thoughts: As with just about any RTS, when I jumped into the first bot game, it was very overwhelming. There was a lot to think about and it was hard to know where on the map to look. However, having a centralized objective (the nexus) made it a lot easier to figure out what to do. If nothing else; make units, keep that thing not dead. While the video tutorial helped, it would really help to have a more formalized in-game tutorial with the occasional forced camera relocation to the subject its explaining. That said, I assume that's one of those things you guys will get to when you have time and working on a tutorial before the game is finished doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Once I had a couple bot games under my belt and the live test started, it was a lot more immersive, being able to communicate with the team is really helpful, I would like to see a little more in the way of specific ping types like "Defend here!" or "Attack here!" or "Incoming attack!" kind of things. Also, it felt difficult to know who needs what in terms of gems. It might be nice to have a way to readily see your allies economy.

The combat feels good, the pathing is occasionally a little uncomfortable, either units being too blocky or heroes that seem to run into combat because that's the only path available when you ask them to run away. It might be nice to have a system like SC2 where units just sort of automatically shove other units out of the way.

On upgrades, I really like the split upgrade system, it adds a less complicated version of what makes MOBAs so fun, where there is a set of things available to anyone and you can use it to customize a specific race and try and make it stronger. Its also cool that there are a set of unique upgrades to add more flavor and diversity to the individual squads. It did feel a bit difficult to tell what kind of resistance upgrades I should be getting. I know that a lot of that comes with knowing the squads you are against and that as you learn more about the game, you will just sort of "know" what to build, but it might be nice to have some way of telling, either a different color flashing on the unit for magic damage vs physical damage or when a unit dies, have a little floating text that gives a divided percentage like: "30% Mag/70% Phys" so you can kind of get a feel for what to build.

On the note of dying, the only thing that felt really uncomfortable about the UI to me is the respawn timers, they felt too small, making it hard to get anything more than a general idea of when your army would come back. It might be nice to have the sooner timers on top of the later timers instead of vice versa, maybe have a way to scale up that part of the UI or have it somewhere where it can be a little bigger and it would be reaaaallly nice to have a way to switch between seeing your units respawns, your allies units respawns and both. Maybe color the different units so you can tell when the big guys are going to be up.

Overall, I've had a blast thus far and I'm excited to keep on playing. In fact. That's what I'm going to go to do. :D Thanks for listening guys and keep up the great work, this game is amazing for something in pre-alpha. I'm having an absolute blast. Something would have to go catastrophically wrong for me not to put in multiple hundreds of hours post launch.