Renegade's Thoughts on the Pre-Tech Alpha 1.0

Hey guys! As I play I have been writing down my thoughts and feelings on pretty much everything that I feel as I'm playing. My feedback threads are going to be extremely realistic in terms of my opinion, and I have the full understanding that this is very early in the development cycle etc. etc. :) I very much hope these opinions help you gentlemen to make an outstanding, revolutionary IP that entertains people for years to come!

Thoughts on Atlas Pre-Tech Alpha 1.0

-Needs more depth

-Middle of map feels like “dead space”

-worried about longevity

-“feels” like I’m controlling reskinned starcraft units

-Too generic, It feels like it’s going to become a knockoff steam moba game with a gimmick as opposed to a rejuvenation of the RTS genre

-Upgrade information far too overwhelming at the start of the match

-Upgrades need to be streamlined or gated in someway

-Levelling up a hero does not feel rewarding, Ability stats being non scaling throughout the game makes me feel as though they become less useful with time, and investing in ability upgrades rather than units does not feel like an effective use of resources. Levelling up a hero in Warcraft 3 such as thrall is far more rewarding.

-Bases, both owned and neutral need to be clearly delineated on the mini map.

-mini map feels too small for the size of the game world, but too large so far as screen space

-Game feels, gameplaywise, current artstyle wise, and overall feel wise EXACTLY like I’m playing a scaled down version of planetary annihilation

-Camps need to be identified on minimap

-Colors are not differentiated enough, especially in the bar above the health bar

-no way to see hp, attack, enemy or ally current upgrades etc. in game (I’m aware of atlaspedia)

-Frog guy licking people is really cool

-No way to select enemy/ally units

-Needs progression

-Overall concept is very cool, but not very well blended. The best way that I can explain it is that in analogy, it feels like you’re cooking and you put all the ingredients for the dish on the counter…then ate them all separately. It feels as though the ideas borrowed from other games are just that, and they do not blend together to create anything new. There’s just nothing to grab onto because it is neither iterating on previous ideas, or creating a new innovation.

-Very good job on making the heroes/factions stand out from each other gameplay wise.

-Issues with pathing specifically when going around 90 degree angles, and passing through moving groups of allied units or units under your own control.

-not enough feedback from combat/abilities

-Early game feels very cohesive, and it is very fun to battle over gems

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

Can you provide more instances of things? In the "I felt X when I saw Y." Without context, it's hard to get a sense of what you're referring to with many of these comments. Here are some examples

"Worried about depth." Combat? Varying strategies? How do you evaluate depth in a game?
    "Needs progression." In game -- more growth in power? Out of game -- ladder system?
    "Overall concept is very cool, but not very well blended." I have no sense of which systems are clashing.

Rooting these in your experience will help loads more than freefloating comments.

Thanks!