Day[1] Impressions

First Impression:

I really enjoyed the style of play that the game presents the user. The Day[9] Daily style introduction and tutorial is such a pleasure to have. I would not have chosen any other way to introduce me to the game and explain how it works. As an RTS player, this is exactly how I would prefer a team-based, moba-esque type game to be done. I really enjoyed the idea of having a specialized squad of units to play with and micro'ing them to victory throughout the game.

• I think a buyback option would be a great idea since at times your army can really get out of sync and into a cycle where you are rarely fighting with your entire composition. Perhaps this is the design and makes multiple presences on the map more of a strategy. Regardless, a buyback would be an interesting addition, in my opinion.

• I really enjoy how the expansions are locked away and often take cooperation to unlock without dealing with heavy losses. This is a fun trade off between map presence and investing in your teams economy.

• The upgrade system is interesting the way it is currently laid out. I am curious to know if this is alluding to a deeper level mechanic for perhaps playing into "builds" for the squads. Having multiple upgrade buildings and possibilities sort of scream of opportunity in this direction.

• The game keeps the user engaged from the beginning land/resource grab and scales up as the compositions grow larger. There really isn't a dull moment and I think this is a big win for Atlas. I think my favorite portion is actually the end-game where I can focus on unit micro and where I am to attack next.

• I was unable to locate any visual indication of what units I currently had selected. I am familiar enough with the default controls of RTS games and was able to simplify this for myself with control groups. Not all players will find their way so simply and it may be necessary to add the regrettable, mechanics-damaging "Select All Army" hotkey if there is no room to show what units are bound or selected. I saw a suggestion elsewhere that requested we rally deploying units to the hero if desired. I agree with that as well as part of a solution.

Overall I am already impressed with the the game and the direction this is heading and look forward to playing more and reporting back on my experience. Thank you for having me as a tester.

<3,

Anoteros

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

Thrilled your enjoying things & thanks for posting <333. Hopefully the game doesn't feel TOO overwhelming once it's in PvP! If there are specific questions or comments you'd like me to address, do lemme know! Otherwise, awesome feedback ^__^