Living Bomb Behavior

I played my first game, a bot game, as Vex. I was drawn to him as I enjoy playing Kael'Thas in Heroes of the Storm and so wanted to mirror that area of effect, damage over time gameplay that feels natural to me.
I felt strategically neutered when the living bomb radius did not go off on a unit I focused down and killed. Rather, it lingered for its full delay duration in the spot where the unit died. I would like to see the explosion be forced into taking place upon a living bomb -applied unit's death. That way, I can focus down those units to apply are of effect damage as I intend.

Comments

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator
    edited December 2015

Heya!

Great idea, we had something very similar to this (where if the Conflagrated target was slain while the effect was active, it popped prematurely). What we found is that, unlike that behavior in other games, it was a bit too easy to just ping a low-tier unit, trigger the explosion instantly, and suddenly there was no real counterplay. Having up to four of these in a game could, as you may imagine, get out of control quickly :P

That said, are you feeling like the ability isn't doing enough? Isn't snappy enough? I'd love to know what you're missing from the feeling of using Conflagrate. :D