Vale - First impressions on the Atlas client / menu

Hey there! I unfortunately haven't had much luck with getting Atlas to launch and wanted to contribute in any way I could so I decided to give my thoughts on the game client and all non-in-game things.

What I like:

• "Current play mode: Bots"
    This entire box is fantastic. It tells me very important information (currently when PvP returns and the NDA status) and best of all, how many people are online, queued, and in game. I love seeing this information, I love how it is displayed in the current format. The colors work, the location works, great job.
  • The rest of the boxes beneath "Current play mode: Bots"
    These fit well, look good, and are a little bit useful. I can tell they are more of placeholders for when there is more relevant news after the game goes live and I think it will work great then.
  • "Friends"
    This is a great place to list friends, fits well, so far the entire right-half of the screen is solid.
  • Chat system
    The chat system is great, being able to simply click a name and private message them is nice, it's good that there are bubbles indicating missed messages although I think it would be nice to be able to disable them (at least All and Global which can be quite spam-ish even in the pre-alpha.) I also think the chat system could use some chat commands and a nice way to show you what they are. (Ex: /mute , /add , /whisper , /, and so on..)
  • "Learn" tab
    Glad to have a tab for tutorials and such, would like more information here, maybe some background information on the world of Atlas and the characters within it if it is available. (As in more lore, not stats)
  • "My Profile" / User tab
    This is fantastic. I love format in the top right being displayed, maybe you could ever add some extra information there like amount of wins or badges as well. As for the full "My Profile" it's great. I love the XP tracking, the rank, the picture, the win count, the match history, the badges. All I could ask for is just more. It's great, I'd like to see win-rates with each selection and so forth as well maybe.
  • Bottom bar with chats, party, friends, etc..
    Looks great, works great, just overall well done. Everything here works well in my opinion.
  • Support
    Probably the best support I have ever had in an online game before. You guys really did great on this. I hope you can keep it up when the game gets more players. I was always answered quickly, everyone was helpful and friendly, they worked with me through any problem I had, 10/10 you guys rock.

What I don't like:

• Autoplaying YouTube video
    This is awful. I am a big fan of Day[9], he is one of my favorite people, but even I was a bit annoyed when every time I launch Atlas I get the same video loudly playing. I would make the default selection to be a News Feed slide and then players can choose to click over to the tutorial. I don't know many people who ever like auto-play anything.
  • Game Feed
    The Game Feed doesn't feel like it makes sense existing, why does it matter what random players are playing? I think it would be best to have it only display your games, your friends games, and / or maybe pro-level games (when such a thing exists)
  • "Watch" tab
    See above feedback for Game Feed

I'm sorry if this isn't too helpful, it's all I could think to do to try and help Atlas without actually being able to play it though. Looking forward to writing feedback about gameplay whenever the game will actually work for me.

Comments

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

LoL sorry about the autoplaying Vale! Will be fixed ultra soon! :D. Thrilled you are liking other pieces.

I think the Game Feed and Watch comments are great. Adding some structure to these will help a ton and I like your suggestions. We shall likely implement.

Also, the feedback you provided is super helpful! Thanks for taking the time to make it so organized :). All the comments have been forwarded to engineering humans.