Playtest 221: New Shadow and Beetle Fighter, Unit Info Panel, Other Minor Adjustments!

TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Playtest 221: New Shadow and Beetle Fighter, Unit Info Panel, Other Minor Adjustments!

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SUNDAY PLAYTEST TIMES

- Sunday Playtest time: 2:00 - 4:00pm ⇒ 12:00pm - 2:00pm PST

Of note: For the next few weeks, we're seeking additional feedback on your experience playing with/against Bots! Also, just having more bot games played in general will give us replays we can examine to find/solve potential issues. Get out there and slay those bots!

General Gameplay

• Added an experimental "Automated Production" feature to the main base!
  • All structures now have detection (can see invisible/stealthed units)!
  • Structure shield regeneration: 20 per second ⇒ 3.33% of max shields per second
  • Titan

• Base damage: 75 ⇒ 70
  • Outer Tower

• Experience granted: 18 ⇒ 9
    • Shields should now correctly regenerate!
  • Warp Spire

• Experience granted: 36 ⇒ 18
  • Shield Generator

• Experience granted: 72 ⇒ 36
  • Nexus Tower

• Experience granted: 108 ⇒ 54

Creeps

• Pitcher Plant (Hard)

• Health: 3000 ⇒ 4000
    • Now occasionally does a Tendril Slam.

• Gains 400 Shield and begins channeling. If the shield remains when casting is complete, deals damage to units in the targeted area and stuns them for 3 seconds. If the shield is broken, the channeling is interrupted and the caster takes heavy damage and is stunned for 3 seconds.

Units

Blue

• Shadow

• Now has permanent invisibility. This invisibility is broken if the Shadow attacks, and the Shadow will fade back into invisibility after 5 seconds of not attacking
    • Shadows no longer automatically acquire targets while invisible
    • Damage: 75 ⇒ 40
    • Unit Cap: 8 ⇒ 4
    • NEW ABILITY: Nether Zone

• Emerges from stealth, channeling an area effect around the caster that deals periodic damage and slows movement and attack speeds.

Green

• Terrapin Trooper

• Health: 185 ⇒ 210
    • Damage: 20 ⇒ 15
    • Attack cooldown: 0.8 ⇒ 0.9

Red

• Beetle Fighter

• Health: 190 ⇒ 180
    • Damage: 18 ⇒ 15
    • No longer spawns beetles on death
    • NEW ABILITY: Spawn Beetles

• Activate to spawn 2 small beetles that last 15 seconds. Beetles will be added to your current selection when cast.
    • Beetle

• Health: 90 ⇒ 80
      • Damage: 9 ⇒ 4
      • Attack cooldown: 0.8 ⇒ 0.5
      • Vision radius: 19 ⇒ 9
      • Movement speed: 6.3 ⇒ 5.7

Interface

• Added new Victory and Defeat screens!
  • Added a new Unit Info panel! Here's how it works:

• If you have an army selected, the panel will remain on the selection interface (showing you how many of each unit you have selected)
    • If you single-click a unit, the panel will shift over to the Unit Info interface (including enemy and neutral units, structures, creeps, and even the Gem Spawner! Everything but Gems themselves!

Comments

• wondiblewondible Member

Didn't catch PVP queues, played two bot games.

I saw a couple instances of units stuck behind camp gem pile collectors.

First one with Grath I tried out auto-build, can't say how much it affected the loss. It mostly built troopers, and one sludge. It evened out my resource spikes, but I didn't really care for it. Perhaps it could be useful for new players who don't know what the units do yet anyway, but you'd be better asking them. I might try it for first minute to save some keypresses.

Second game I played Eris to try out beetle fighters. Can definitely overdo them and run out of melee surface area, but perhaps they will be more useful in moderation.

Had a situation where I lost my units except for some devilkin, and stayed behind my allies boosting them on a base push. Not sure if that was it, but it was a surprisingly effective push. It felt good to remain useful with a small army.

The friendly/squad distinction is interesting. For instance I believe Hyrdos heal can be canst on any unit, but Grath protection can only be squad. I like it better when you can help you allies out when your own units don't have a good opportunity, although perhaps that enables some OP combos.

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

@wondible said:
    The friendly/squad distinction is interesting. For instance I believe Hyrdos heal can be canst on any unit, but Grath protection can only be squad. I like it better when you can help you allies out when your own units don't have a good opportunity, although perhaps that enables some OP combos.

The big reason we don't allow Stone Form to be cast on allies is to prevent any possible griefing. An ability that lets you CC a target you don't control is just begging to be used to BM your teammate, haha.

• MilleaMillea Member

@Treisk What about adding options like DotA 2 has for allies abilities affecting your units? I'm not sure how much programming time this would take to implement, but if it's a short amount of time, I'd say it'd be worth it.

I think that stone form affecting allies could allow for some really clutch saves on both heroes and even high tier units, which would make the hero Grath cooler to play