General Gameplay

• You can now see your allies' Mercenary faction choices in Squad Selection

Neutral Titans

• Juggernaut

• Health: 6000 ⇒ 3500
    • Damage: 300 ⇒ 500
    • Movement speed: 3.0 ⇒ 2.7

Bots

• Your bot allies should now follow your army for longer after being issued a ping
  • Bots should now be more persistent in their attempts to end games

Questions

• How was your experience with the new map structure? Did you have better interaction between the 1v1 and 2v2 regions?
  • How was your experience with the intensity of battles?
  • How was your experience with the endings of games?

Comments

• Christ I love these patch titles.

• How was your experience with the new map structure? 

I certainly like it more than the larger map. The combined brutal camp is quite nice in giving everyone additional resources, and defending it with extra towers also defends your main nexus paths.

Did you have better interaction between the 1v1 and 2v2 regions?

They interact a lot more which is nice, it feels less like a top/bottom split and more of a 3 lane split with slight bias toward 2 working together.

How was your experience with the endings of games?

They were more varied although juggernauts are still the most direct and easy way to end the game. Ion cannons seem less and less viable for ending a game against competent teams. Games felt longer than before, but I didn't have any outragously long games.

Other notes

Well it seems Grath can just have a really bad time against a good Vela player, I switched to Eris and had zero issues again. Grath feels great against every other squad but the slow and very obvious wind-ups give Vela more than enough time to evade. Charms are symmetrical so can't really be used to catch Vela. Then Eris just dashes in instantly and kills the shit of everything and it reminds me why I stopped playing Vela.

Sentinels are pretty dang useful for spotting where Vela is though... until Vela also carries one around.

• SpideyCUSpideyCU Member
    edited March 21

Questions

• How was your experience with the new map structure? Did you have better interaction between the 1v1 and 2v2 regions?

Top and bottom "lanes" interacted more often than in previous weeks, I think as people play this more, it will continue to evolve favorably. I really still like the 3-base expo in front of the nexus, it's nice to come together with allies to tackle a common goal. It's also nice if you can't push all the way to your opponent's nexus, you can probably do significant damage to this expo on the way.

• How was your experience with the intensity of battles?

It may have just happened to be my three games this week but I enjoyed all of 'em, even the loss. There seems to be a bit more variety in what people are doing and what units I see.

• How was your experience with the endings of games?

OK, so I don't know if the patch notes scared a bunch of people away from Juggs, but there was more of a mix of Juggs and Levias out there. It seems like we had bigger pushes and more "oh god we just barely made it!" victories. My experience didn't necessarily mesh with others (based on chat) wherein the higher-level team ended up winning. It could just be that I didn't experience a critical # of Juggs in my face - someone made the comment that you needed like 6-7 to completely close out a game vs 3'ish previously.

For my games, at least, whether we lost or won, it felt like we deserved it.

Oh, and sentinels, in general, are silly useful. I'm sort of surprised that towers don't detect 'em...

• I found that games snow-balled pretty hard once my opponents built three or four Leviathans, since the added air support allowed them to win fights very effectively and systematically destroy my expansions.

The other mercenary I noticed being very effective was the Teleporter. It's haste aura allowed my opponents to consistently outmaneuver me and rotate between harassment points more quickly than I could follow.

As such, I found that games ended very differently than a single Juggernaut rush. My opponents would ball up with their Leviathans and apply persistent pressure to our expansions until our resources were depleted and the respawn timers on our units were long enough for them to push in and destroy the nexus.