First Game Feedback

I just played my first game as Grath. I wanted to provide immediate, first thought feedback.

Feedback Specific to Grath's Team
- Using Grath's first "D" ability was very frustrating, because it was difficult to tell what my units health was at. As a result, I rarely used this. Perhaps just
- The charging turtles were fun, but they would frequently get hung up on other units (usually not even mine). This made the ability feel silly or worthless.
- The charge on the turtles made me think of Zealots from SC2. Zealot dash feels much more satisfying because it is automatic.
- The 2nd Tier unit (turtles in bread costumes?) was fun. I liked their line-attack stun. But it was unclear while casting it how wide the attack would be, and seemed to be at odds with the animation. It was also very difficult to tell when enemy units were stunned.
- I never got to the 3rd tier units.
- My hero did not feel very powerful. His abilities did not turn the tide of battle, and I rarely used them as a result.

General Feedback
- I felt very overwhelmed in the beginning of the game in terms of options. The sheer amount of upgrades was too much, and I ended up not using a lot of them.
- The amount of units on the screen in mid and late game was cluttered. It made fights feel chaotic.
- I did not enjoy any of the neutral units. It made my army feel less special. I wanted to throw my armies at the enemy towers, not little cubes.
- It was very difficult to tell how well I was doing compared to the enemy throughout the game. Winning came as a very big surprise.

Suggestions
- Remove neutral weapons and integrate their use as sieging tools in another way (towers or units).
- Somehow limit the amount of units you can have.
- More interesting and powerful abilities for heroes.

Comments

• SotetsuSotetsu Member
    edited December 2015

Second game played as Celesta. So much fun!

Feedback Specific to Celesta's Team
    - I love this team. I had a GREAT time playing as them. Probably because they require less micro-management.
    - Celesta's Hawk Eye was not especially useful. The vision it granted was minor, so I did not use it much. Again, it was hard to tell how wide the damage beam would be. Perhaps if the vision it granted remained for ten seconds I would like it more.
    - Cleansing Light was great fun! It took out whole armies! I am not sure how useful it would be against people, though. Probably mostly for positioning.
    - I love Wisps. Fast, cheap, and they deal good damage. I like that they lack any activated abilities.
    - Purifier may be my favorite unit in the game. I love being able to fortify my position.
    - Precognitor abilities were not very useful. Celesta's units do not have great health, and the late game massive armies make targeted shielding and healing difficult to use.
    - Precog smoke screen was too small and encouraged me to not use it. If it works on towers, I could see it being good, though.

General Feedback
    - Collecting gems is fun now, but it can be hard to tell when the next batch has spawned.
    - Upgrades are less overwhelming, but it seems like ALL of them (except one) are in Tier 3 tech. I want to spend more time with Tier 1 and Tier 2 tech/units. These should be balanced to spread out equally over a 15 minute game.

BIG EDIT: Now that I have played the game even more, I realize there is a hard-cap on units of each tier. I love this, and I no longer think there are too many units to control at once.