My "Day9 style" Feedback

QuadFormQuadForm Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

In honor of Day9's format, here it goes:

I felt like I wanted games to end, whether I was winning or losing, once the early game (around the 10 minute mark) was over, because there was too little action. With so little going on the game felt like it went on forever, even though games are only around 25 minutes long. If the unit queue respawn time was shorter and combat was smoother (i.e. fewer units getting stuck on each other, more game changing abilities, especially on heroes), this game would be so much more engaging and fun to play.

EDIT: I've only played a couple of games, but as I play more I will definitely add more to my reaction

Comments

• I have similar feelings. Personally, I like the respawn time being where it is; otherwise, losing units isn't as punishing. I'm guessing the games will be more exciting and stay exciting for longer in PvPs on Sunday, but that remains to be seen.

• Probably, I think part of my disappointment comes from having to constantly go help the losing areas of the map or have my nexus being attacked before 15 minutes. Hopefully when we have PvP it'll have more action, but then again with PvP also comes blowouts, which are frustrating in their own regard.

• I feel this way as well, but I have to disclose I have few games experience thus far. Dang these college finals!

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

I definitely want to see how you feel once it's PvP! Playing vs bots is slightly stale -- over time they don't adapt and play as aggressively as a proper human opponent. Let me know if the experience changes or holds the same for ya :D

• Good News!
    I found a couple of people to play with and just having other people to play with vs bots is a HUGE improvement. But I still find the games dry (for similar reasons as above) as the bots are very easy to beat, but at least playing with some actual people makes the game more fun.
    I'm really pumped for PvP tomorrow!!!

• I felt the bots prolonged the games as well. My first couple games lasted well into the half-hour mark.